Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happenings

Hello everyone!
Everything is going great in our classroom. We have finished Sir Fartsalot! The children really onjoyed it! We continue to learn about wolves, plants, and use fairytales to understand schema, detail, and characters in a story! I don't really have any concerns right now, just getting assignments done! Oh well actually I do have one!
I am teaching the kids about plants. They now understand the whole process of leaves giving the tree food through water, sunlight, and air. They are observing a tree outside of our window and watching to see when all the leaves fall off. They all made predictions for this. Well I found an experiment in the book that we got from ASD in our science kits. We were to take a branch from a tree put one in water in the sun and one without water. Observe and watch the changes. Well the one without water was supposed to change color and die. The only problem is that they are both dying! The experiemnt is not working. The troubles teachers have! What to do now..... I will keep you updated!!!
We are starting our year long unit with the preschoolers tomorrow. we willbe heading over to Tanaina to show them what we know about leaves. it shall be exciting!!!

1 comment:

  1. This experiment sounds fun, and I think it would be an interesting conversation to talk to the children to see if they have any ideas as to why similar things are happening between both branches? I'm sure they could be creative with it!

    ReplyDelete